Wednesday, June 4, 2014

inspiration...comfort & food


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

Hello and happy Summer! Lately I have been a bit under the weather, so I have been focusing on food to get healthier. If you know me, you know I am not much of a foodie. I would love to grab quick, easy food and a handful of peanut M&M's and call it a meal. But with this diet, I have to focus on everything that I eat. Everything! That really forces you to change your perspective and most of all slow down. I felt pretty slow to begin with, now I feel like a snail could beat me at a race. But each day, I have moments of feeling better. With this new focus of comfort and food, I am also dreaming of farm houses, breezy open windows, porch swings and cricket noises. Basically missing the sounds of nature over the sounds of crazy fire works (thanks, World Cup) and noisy trains (thanks, CTA).

I just wanted to say hi, and share some inspiration. I hope to share more soon.

PS. Excited about the Printer's Row Literary Fest this weekend! I had a blast last year (here) and hope to find some interesting books this year.

xo
Dd


No comments:

Post a Comment