Tuesday, February 11, 2014

inspiration...radiant orchid


I love Pantone Color of the Year. Since I am passionate about color, to celebrate one hue for an entire year is just fantastic! I love that so many areas of design embrace various shades of the color and implement bits of it into every area of your life, if you like. It also comes with a bit of fortune telling or "trend forecasting" as we call it in the biz. Here is what it said about the color:

"...Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination.
An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality,
which is increasingly valued in today’s society.”

I liked Radiant Orchid paired with softer pinks, white, the shine of metallics and leather textures. An office decorated around this color will ultimately be luxurious, romantic and soft. A great place to dream and write in a journal. 

1. Monty Task Lamp / Jayson Home / $495 (it's like it will float away)
2. "The Last Smoke" by Garance Doré / $400 (my favorite illustration by Garance)
5. Alexa Chung "It" / $25 (I admit I don't really know anything about Chung, but every time I see this cover I think "how gorgeous!" Great design on the outside, anyone read the inside? What is it like?)
6. Maison Jansen Writing Desk by 1stdibs.com (and this pretty little number..)
7. Let&Her Big box vintage pink-purple bag (so beautiful and well crafted in person—closure is magnetic)
8. NARS Années Folles Larger Than Life Lip Gloss / $26 (the BEST brand of lip gloss, you agree?)


No comments:

Post a Comment