Monday, February 17, 2014

inspiration...presidential desks

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. 
I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have.
I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right,
and part with him when he goes wrong."




Happy President's Day. Today we think about and honor the men who have led our country for the past 238 years. I lived in Illinois when I was younger and still remember the crushing feeling of missing out on a field trip to Springfield, IL to learn about Lincoln due to being sick with the flu. Even then I loved history. Abraham Lincoln is one of our most respected President's and my favorite. Years later, I was able to see the Ford's Theatre in DC while on a field trip in high school. Being back in Illinois, there are bits of Lincoln all around the city. He is defiantly on my list of "If I could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?" So today, take a second to learn a bit more about him and his leadership skills.

10 facts that you might not know about Lincoln via History Channel: here

The Leadership Genius of Abraham Lincoln via Fast Company: here

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin: here

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed
is more important than any one thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment