Monday, February 3, 2014

inspiration...billy cotton

"Bergdorf just picked it up." said Reece Witherspoon's character in one of my all time favorite movies,  Sweet Home Alabama. Now not being from NYC, but a small town in NC, I was not quite sure what "Bergdorf" was, but it sounded important (or maybe a bit pretentious?) This past weekend, I watched "Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf" a documentary that captures the allure of the highest of the high brown department store. Fascinating, but left me half wanting to either aspire to that store or run away, but that might be a post for another day. Bergdorf Goodman has always been a store that really values talent and finding this talent before anyone else does and I respect that (and they do have crazy gorgeous window art).

I was not surprised that when I came across the beautiful interior collections of Billy Cotton that it was noted that some of his work was sold there. You know I am a sucker for mixed materials, and now I am really into clean line with rustic details, so I am a big fan.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces.








Images and more information here: billycotton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment