Wednesday, January 15, 2014

inspiration...office updates



I don't know about you, but we usually do an Ikea-run in early January. It probably has something to do with that "new beginnings" feeling that comes with all those resolutions. "This year I plan to be more organized!" I don't think that is really a hard one to tackle. You should plan to stay on top of it by making it a habit to purge twice a year, giving away things that need a new home and tossing things that are well loved and have seen better days. I like Ikea for their small office pieces—great magazine files, simple storage boxes, pin boards and frames. I have the Expedit bookshelf and Ikea now makes more cubbies, doors and drawers for those slots! I love keeping a visually clean space with lots of labels  for an easy hunt. Try a new lamp for additional light in your space, like this gorgeous West Elm option. I am also digging Target's vintage inspired bar cart that I think can be re-purposed for just about any space in your home...from bathroom for towels and toiletries, office for pencil trays, books and file boxes, maybe a side table in bedroom or living room. You decide!

For your 2014 goals, create a mood board for inspiration and year-round motivation.


1. West Elm Factory Task Lamp/$149
2. Ikea mini chest / $13
3. Ikea White Magazine Files / 2 for $5
4. Ikea pin board 22" x 15" / $6
5. Target bar cart / $130
6. 
IkeaWhite fabric box with  / $17
7. 
Ikea Plywood Magazine Files / 2 for $10


No comments:

Post a Comment