This past weekend, we went to see Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clonney. I was not sure what to expect except an extreme adventure in space. We skipped the 3D version (not our style) but it was not needed to make you feel like you were right there with Sandra's character as she panicked, pushed, grasped and breathed to survive. What made it feel so real was Sandra's killer performance as well as the realistic set design. It was not the slick Star Trek set with bright lights and glossy finishes. This was real—buttons that didn't work, space suits that tear, delicate space stations and the fragile human spirit. It was forget-to-breath riveting. Go see for yourself!
1. Astra Chandelier by Anthropologie $1995 (for star gazing inside)
2. Constellation print by Annie Clark (available in various sizes and colors)
3. Cherner Task Chair by Norman Cherner for DWR $1500 (modern & futuristic)
4. Silk Madahara rug by Anthropologie $600 (I would paint an entire room this inky blue color!)
5. French Sky Chart Journal handmade by Brooklyn Bookbinder $35 (get it, there is only 1 left)
6. Minimalist Steel And Glass Trestle Table via 1stdibs.com (this desk is killer gorgeous!)