Friday, June 14, 2013

inspiration...living in books

Today is Friday and Chicago's blue sky is calling my name. I am off to explore! But one final post featuring the artist Jane Mount. She is an artist who paints portraitures of book collections, knowing that books can often reflect the owner. Her style is charming and fun and she recently published a book filled with different kinds of book collections. I love that she took this honest idea and turned it into a thriving business! I need to think about my bookshelf portrait and get my order in pronto!






You can download this template above (here) and share your ideal bookshelf!

images and information here: idealbookshelf.com


Have a happy weekend!

Enjoy today.
Rachel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing this week with me! Here is a quick summary:
Printers Row Literary Fest and Rookie Magazine
The art of the bookshelf: Product designers have fun with book storage
Fake bookshelf wallpaper and even the real thing!
What's in your desk drawer with Alaina of To be Shelved 
Journal Entry: What book changed your life?
The revealing bookshelf: connection between shoes and books

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next week will be about New Kind of Work. I attended Neocon this week and want to share my finds!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment