Thursday, September 20, 2012

inspiration...Miss R


I love Art Hop. Happens every fall and I feel like it grows in popularity each season. This year I found a piece I really liked and snapped it up! It is by the artist, Ashely Roark, and her medium is mixed media and found paper. She finds bits of scrap ephemera from local antique shops or from family friends and then creates these gorgeous collages. Her larger pieces utilizes glaze and paint while her smaller pieces are layered with glue. The one I purchased is called "Miss R" and is a scanned in collage on a hand made clip board. I really connected with her art, her love of the soft yellow tones of old paper as well as finding old items and making them new. Can't wait to find the perfect spot on the wall...

Her website is in the works, but her email is ashleytheroark@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment