Thursday, August 16, 2012

inspiration...color, type, and memories








For the past three months, I have been learning the art of screen printing. After 6 years in an office with it's own screen printing studio, Iskra, I finally get to use it! It was challenging, yet fun to get my hands dirty. I loved mixing ink and watching colors swirl as they flood the screen. Tomorrow is the opening show of the work the class produced, Raised on Paper. Mark that off my bucket list!

Images are a sneak peak of the process to the final prints. I call it my Journal Series.



They tapped into their childhood dreams and nightmares to bring you this - the physical reminder that we might just be the last generation raised on paper.
This group exhibition represents their summary output. Original artwork created by Brad Fishkin, Adam Karl, Liz Millikin, Joe Ricci, Rachel Stewart and Craig Winslow. Additionally, veteran collective comrades, Vicki Julius, Andrew Lakata, Leo Listi, Chris Partelow and Jeff Yeager, will be exhibiting their latest creations.
Come and support your local printmaking artists.
Through August 31 at JDK Gallery in Burlington.
Reception: August 17, 6-9p.m. Cash Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment