Saturday, April 9, 2011

inspiration...jewelry





My birthday is coming up pretty soon and with that come gifts! My parents already sent me their gift and it is in a box on the table. I have the patience to wait till the day to open it, but I have to admit I googled the brand name to get a sneak peak at what it could be! Is that cheating? I think NOT!

M. Mavi is a jewelry designer who creates these gorgeous cuffs, earrings and necklaces based on the Victorian period. This particular piece is part of the Virtually Victorian collection focusing on Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. The designer describes the piece as "captivating for what is not there as much as for what is. One cannot exist without the other." This particular collection was inspired by shoe buckles from the 1800's.

Jewelry inspired by shoes, history, and novels, I think my mother knows me well!

“The shadows are as important as the light.”- Jane Eyre

images and information: www.mmavi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment