Friday, April 15, 2011

inspiration...inky blots




I enjoyed the Antique Book Fair. I love poking through so many old books, some very rare and highly priced. Like the fourth edition of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe going for $495, while the first edition was 10k. Yikes! It is a great source for inspiration, vintage graphics, images and rare writings. I wish I was a serious collector!
I did pick up this little red blot book because I thought it was unique. Pretty much the "Facebook" of the 1920's, the owner of this book had each of his friends make their own ink blot, sign and date their page. The ink blot was supposed to tell you about your friend's personailty. Very Rorschach-esque. I loved the shapes each blot made and the beauty of each hand touched signature, a total of 38 ranging from Feburary 25, 1920-June 18, 1922.

No comments:

Post a Comment