Sunday, March 13, 2011

inspiration...jane eyre





One of the happiest memories I have of my childhood are of me and my mother reading through the classics. We would spend hours laying on her bed as she read aloud to me so many books. When she was tired, I would beg her to keep reading, sometimes sneaking off with the book to read more! She passed on to me the love of books and story telling. Now we both enjoy watching them play out on the big screen. Jane Eyre is coming soon. I must read fast! I want to have the story fresh in my mind to truly appreciate this adaptation. I hope it holds up to such a masterpiece!
image via: Austen Today

2 comments:

  1. I just read Jane Eyre last year and am also very excited about the upcoming movie! I also loved hearing you share about your mom reading to you as a child. I think it's something I would like to do for the twins and hopefully enrich them with an appreciation for reading and classic literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candi, thank you for sharing! I hope to continue collecting the Penguin classics and make a collection to pass on to our children one day. Let me know what you think of the movie!

    ReplyDelete