Saturday, March 26, 2011

inspiration...color


before

after

We moved into our first home a year ago last September. It is not really special to look at, just a tiny cape built in the 1950's, but it is so special to us. The first thing I did was paint the walls a fresh shade of Mountain Peak white. But living with white walls kind of made me crazy. I need color! But just what color was the question. I enjoy this before and after shot of our living room, painted a dark grey/green with a gutted/painted white fireplace. Not a bad update, I think it helped the couch pop off the wall and feel more considered. We are still in the mist of the designing the wall with the fireplace, probably white washed stained pine with lantern sconces and a chunky railroad tile mantel?

1 comment:

  1. Love how the fireplace pops. Looks so great.

    ReplyDelete