Sunday, February 13, 2011

inspiration...unicorns






My posts are not premeditated, so I do admit that this one is a bit random! We found ourselves the other day in a funny little shop in Woodstock, Vermont called the Unicorn. No kidding. I loved the sign-a unicorn made out of UNICORN (duh!). Inside was a delightful little shop of all things kitschy and humorous. They had the book, "How to live with a Unicorn", a must read. Someone in town made this little snow unicorn, and I snapped a picture of it and liked the way the sun glistened off his horn. And a while ago, I found this gorgeous taxidermy unicorn (are they real??!). The horse is an amazing creature, but a mythical unicorn is so much more. Children's author, Marianna Mayer says, "The unicorn is the only fabulous beast that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references he is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously beautiful. He could be captured only by unfair means, and his single horn was said to neutralize poison."
I do like how they pop up out of nowhere, always making me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment