Sunday, January 9, 2011

inspiration...melanie acevedo


It is nice to have a bit of time to sit down and do what I intended this blog to really be about- being inspired and designing personal office spaces. I came across Melanie Acevedo's photography today. I had noticed her work years ago in Domino magazine. Clicking through her portfolio reminded of how much I loved that magazine and just how much her photography impacted their look. This image of a little table vignette inspired this lux office space. Part casual entertainment, part business, this lady loves luxury, classic Art Deco with a bit of wimsy. I did have a rug that was more like the wallpaper in the image, but opted for the more graphic rug because I think it would make the room more dynamic and I liked the play of the organic scrolling of the desk with this contrasted geometric print of the rug.

1. Cheyne Sofa, Mulberry 2. Darting Dragonfly Hook 3. Victorian Onyx Ring 4. Pair of 1940's French Maison Bagues Table Lamps 5. Karges Black Lacquer French Style Desk 6. Agadir Twists Rug 7. Chinese Chippendale Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment