Thursday, January 27, 2011

inspiration...dear diary


“I have tried to keep diaries before,” John Steinbeck writes in a giant ledger book filled with his methodical script, “but they didn’t work out because of the necessity to be honest.”

If I make it to NYC this spring, I would LOVE to see this show. Heck, this is worth the effort! The Diary: Three Centuries of Private Lives at the Morgan Library and Museum features this amazing collection of diaries written by a variety of people through out history, such as, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Queen Victoria, Bob Dylan, a young Charlotte Brontë, and Tennessee Williams to note a few. Click here to read the NYTimes article.

I have always kept a diary, not as consistent as I would like. Where will they go once I am gone? The horror of knowing they could one day be read by anyone! Maybe torch them?

image information: nytimes

No comments:

Post a Comment