Tuesday, November 16, 2010













I had one of the longest days ever, last Friday. Started off with seeing a HUGE spider run across my hotel room while packing (it is currently dead, thanks to Guest Services!) and ended on the other side of the country with my first visit to the emergency vet. Throughout my journey, I had lots of time to think. I love looking down above the earth, problems feel bigger up there and at times, smaller. After a mile run through the airport to make a connection, and having the door slam in my face, I wanted to cry. Instead I said a few choice words under my breath and followed it up with a prayer. Ha! God always loves showing up in those moments. The last flight home seated me next to a lovely lady. We actually talked, which is new for me, and had a great conversation. She is a talented print maker/etching artist. I looked up some of her work and just loved this harbor view. Reminded me of the beauty of our lake, and I always think photography just can't capture what God wants us to experience in that moment. Her work said it all, and I was meant to be on that flight...

image of A Time To Remember and information about: www.kathleencantinartwork.com

2 comments:

  1. I know how you're feeling! We've been having a lot of days/weeks like this, especially with a recent stay for our daughter in the hospital. Glad to hear you had a nice flight home and thanks for sharing Kathleen's work - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete