Wednesday, July 7, 2010














before

now!


We just had a wonderful, long, holiday weekend-and boy was it hot! This heat wave had better end soon, I can't take it!

Even through the heat, I managed to get around to some of my favorite antique shops and found this beauty! I am not a good "before" and "after" or even "during" photo taker, so this is all I have. I had posted a few weeks ago that I had been searching for a great tripod lamp that did not make us broke. Wel nestled in the corner of this architectural salvage shop, I found this solid wood, tripod surveying base. Gorgeous wooden legs, perfectly aged with metal tips and a brass top. Perfect for a lamp! My wonderful husband did all kinds of maneuvers and after one long trip to Lowes, rigged this into electric bliss. Now it sits proudly in our living room. What do you think?

1 comment: