Friday, May 28, 2010















I watched a charming little movie tonight called, Desk Set, with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn. Loved it! It focused on an office of women who were basically the human google machine of the the 1950's. They answered/found facts that were called into their office. The plot was their fear of being replaced by an actual machine. I was immediately taken in by the set design-steel case desks, chairs, lamps, books, globes, maps etc., costumes and charm of the characters. I pulled some screen shots for you to see the various sets/offices. The 1950's in all it's glory! Made me wish women dressed that nice all the time and office Christmas parties were that grand!
(click on image to make bigger...really wish I could figure out how to post larger images, sorry!)

image and information: desk set

No comments:

Post a Comment