Sunday, May 2, 2010













I spent the afternoon digging through old books with my friend at an Antique Book and Ephemera Fair. I like that word "ephemera"...
There were so many beautiful books, but being the first time at a book fair, I was shocked at the prices! I know so many of them were rare, but a little too rich for my blood. I did find this wonderful book by Oliver Herford called "The Deb's Dictionary" a 1931 first addition. The little sayings were so humerous, along with the tiny line drawings that went along with them.

Example:

Tact: To lie about others as you would have them lie about you.
Tangle: Getting engaged to more than two boys at the same time.
Panties: A bifurcated lace ditto under which the feminine legs think they are concealed.

If you want to read more, you will be able to buy it when the site starts up!

No comments:

Post a Comment